St Stephen in Brannel Parish Council Grant Funding
Grant Application Form
St Stephen in Brannel Parish Council has set aside £17,500 in the 2021/22 budget to be used for grant funding to local organisations.
NB: Please ensure you have read & complied with the grant funding policy. If you would prefer to complete the form offline, you can download a copy here and return by email to us or by post.
Grant Funding Policy
If you are thinking of applying for a grant, you will need to complete the application form, attach the relevant documents and take note of the following points. If you have any queries whilst completing the application, please contact the
Parish Council office.
- Each application will be assessed on its own merits/needs and will be considered along with other applications at a meeting of a panel appointed by the Finance & General Purposes Committee. The panel will put forward recommendations to the committee who have the delegated authority to award grants within the budget.
- All applications must demonstrate clearly how a grant will be of benefit to the local community within the Parish, taking account of the protected discrimination characteristics listed within the Equalities Act 2010.
- There is no automatic right to be awarded a grant. Grants will be awarded at the Finance & General Purposes Committee’s discretion. All organisations will be required to complete the grant application form and submit the relevant supporting documentation, for the previous financial year.
- Applications will be considered in May and November and must be received by the first day of the aforementioned months. Applications received outside these periods will not be considered.
- The grant monies will be issued in the form of a bank transfer to the named or linked organisations account. Monies will not be released to an individual
- Parish Community Projects applications must demonstrate that the project is of benefit to the Parish and has the support of the local community.
- Any grant awarded must be spent within any time scales given. Any monies not spent within the time scale must be returned to the Parish Council.
- Within 6 months of receiving the grant, if requested, an update report must be provided and include copies of any relevant invoices. If the report is not received, the Parish Council has the right to request the monies are returned.
- Individual grants will not be awarded unless the applicant lives in the Parish and/or is affiliated to a group or community organisation linked to the Parish of St Stephen in Brannel. Any request must be accompanied by a verifying letter, on headed paper, from that organisation supporting the individual’s application. This type of grant can only be considered if the Parish Council meets the criteria of using the General Power of Competence.
- Applications will be considered from religious groups where a clear benefit to the wider local community can be demonstrated irrespective of their religious beliefs. Grants for the upkeep, maintenance or improvement of religious facilities will not be awarded.
- Legislation (Local Government Act 1986 s2) does not allow grants to be awarded to political organisations.
- The committee may make the award of any grant subject to additional conditions and requirements, as it considers appropriate.
- The committee Parish Council expect to see evidence of other methods of fundraising, especially match funding.
- The Parish Council can offer letters of support for large projects that require other sources of funding.
- Grants for retrospective applications will only be awarded at the discretion of the committee.
- Applicants must not change the use of their grant award without the written permission of the committee.
- Applicants must refer to the support of the Parish Council in any publicity they release and agree to the Parish Council publicising details of any grants awarded.
- If applicants provide any false information in their application, this may lead to the withdrawal of the grant offer.
- Persons signing the application form are required to make a personal guarantee that, should any grant offered not be used in accordance with the application, they will repay the outstanding amount to the Parish Council on demand.
- Only one grant will be awarded in any one financial year.
- Grants will be split into the following groups and the maximum amount that can be awarded is:
- Playing fields / Recreation grounds / Public open spaces – £1,000
- Public halls & community centres – £1,000
- Parish community projects – £1,500
- All other local organisations/groups – £250
- Individuals affiliated to a local organisation or linked to the Parish of St Stephen-in-Brannel – £150